Here are the 10 cheapest universities in Nigeria and their tuition fees:
1) Ahmadu Bello University (ABU): is one of the oldest, largest and best university in Nigeria. The University was established on October 4, 1962 in Zaria, Northern Nigeria.
The University operate in two different campuses, which are: Samaru(main) and Kongo in Zaria. The school run postgraduate, Pre-degree and jam-bite programs with many available courses.
Their Tuition fees based on the department and it ranges from #20,000 to #33,000.
2) Federal University of Agriculture (FUNAAB): The University was previously located in Isale-Igbin but now located in Abeokuta, Ibadan, Oyo state as their permanent site. It was established on 1st January 1988 by federal government. The school permanent site is about 10,000 hectares.
3) University of Ibadan (UI). This one of the most best federal University in Nigeria. The is founded in 1948 and is located in main city of Ibadan. the school have the highest number of professors in West Africa with almost 12 faculties.
The Tuition fees range from #20,000 to #39,000 base on the department.
4) University of Ilorin (Unilorin): The is one of the most popular university in Nigeria, it was established by the Military Government during the year 1975 and located in Ilorin. The school have more than 16 faculties with well study environment.
The Tuition fees range from #10,700 to #64,000 base on the department.
5) Bayero University: The University was previously named college in the beginning and later upgrade to University after late Emir of Kano(Abdullahi Bayero). It was founded in 1977 and located in Kano. The school have about 12 faculties with some Research centers.
The Tuition fees range from #26,000 to #18,300 base on the department.
6) University of Benin (UNIBEN): This is one of the oldest, best and great University in Nigeria. It was founded in 1970 as an institute of Technology and was fully upgrade to university by national universities commission in 1971. The school have 12 faculties with good learning environment.
The Tuition fees range from #12,500 to #49,500 base on the department.
7) University of Lagos(UNILAG): It is a well known popular school in Nigeria which was established in year 1962 and was located in Lagos. It have of two campuses which are campuses at Akoka, Yaba and college of Medcine at Idi-Araba, Surulere with 14 faculties.
University of Lagos still remain one of the largest population with over 57,0000 Student.
The Tuition fees range from #14,000 to #64,000 base on the department.
8) Federal university of technology Akure (FUTA): FUTA was established in year 1981 and so far located in Akure, Ondo State. The school remain one of the best Technology school in Nigeria and they were rated 8 position among all Nigeria Universities with 1st position in Nigeria by Webometrics as at 2015.
The school are really based on producing graduate with best practical knowledge in Technology.
The Tuition fees range from #13,000 to #52,000 base on the department.
9) Modibbo Adawa University of Technology (MAUTECH): The University was Located in Yola, Adamawa State in Northeastern Nigeria. The school have seven faculties with good welfare and academic training for student.
The Tuition fees range from #15,000 to #42,000 base on the department.
10) Obafemi Awolowo university (OAU): This is a federal owned school that is located in Ife, Osun State, Nigeria.
OAU was established in the year 1961 and started lectured in October 1962 as the University of Ife by late chief Samuel Ladoke Akintola and was later renamed Obafemi Awolowo University on 12th May, 1987 after the died of Obafemi Awolowo in order to honor him.
The school offered undergraduate and post-graduate program in their owned faculties.
The Tuition fees range from #19,000 to #58,000 base on the department.