job description of a secretary
Administrative Secretaries perform day-to-day administrative and secretarial duties in office environments. Their responsibilities include reporting to management, drafting documents and entering data, and scheduling appointments. They may work at government or educational institutions, or in corporate, legal, or medical departments.
You will assist colleagues and executives by supporting them with planning and distributing information.
You will be the point of reference for all queries, requests or issues and will be an integral part of the company’s workforce.
- Answer phone calls and redirect them when necessary
- Manage the daily/weekly/monthly agenda and arrange new meetings and appointments
- Prepare and disseminate correspondence, memos and forms
- File and update contact information of employees, customers, suppliers and external partners
- Support and facilitate the completion of regular reports
- Develop and maintain a filing system
- Check frequently the levels of office supplies and place appropriate orders
- Make travel arrangements
- Document expenses and hand in reports
- Undertake occasional receptionist duties
- Proven work experience as a Secretary or Administrative Assistant
- Familiarity with office organization and optimization techniques
- High degree of multi-tasking and time management capability
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Integrity and professionalism
- Proficiency in MS Office
- High school diploma