- Adewale Tinubu is a legal practitioner from Lagos state, born June 26, 1967, He is also a business consultant and the Group Chief Executive of one of the biggest oil companies in Nigeria, Oando oil. He obtained a Bachelor of Laws (LLB) from the University of Liverpool, England in 1988 and Masters of Law (LLM) from the London School of Economics, United Kingdom, in 1989 where he specialised in International Finance and Shipping. Adewale Tinubu’s uncle was once the governor of Lagos state. In 2007, he was named a Global Young Leader by the World Economic Forum, Geneva, in recognition of his achievements as one of the leading executives under 41. In 2010, Wale won the Africa’s ‘Business Leader of the Year’ award by the African Business Magazine and the Commonwealth Business Council on the basis of his contributions to the development of the African Oil and Gas industry. In 2011, he was awarded the ‘African Business Leader of the Year’ by Africa Investor.
- Afe Babalola, CON, OFR, SAN is from Ekiti state, born 30 October 1929. He schooled in University of London and he is among the most influential lawyer in Nigeria. He is the owner and founder of the prestigious Afe Babalola University. Afe Babalola still practices law and farming. He owns one of the biggest farms in Nigeria. He is among the foremost legal icons of his generation not only on the African continent.
- Babatunde Folawiyo is from Lagos, He studied at the London school of Economics and also at the University of London where he obtained his LLB certificate in 1984. Babatunde Folawiyo is a businessman and the managing director of the Yinka Folawiyo Group, a conglomerate with interests in energy, agriculture, shipping, real estate and engineering. According to Forbes, He owns 218,815,100 shares or 1.07% of MTN Nigeria, a shareholding that is worth N23.83 billion ($66.1 million). Note that Babatunde Folawiyo took over this company from his father in 2008 after the death of his father.
- John Olatunde Ayeni is another successful lawyer born April 4, 1967, from Iyah Gbede, Ijumu, Kogi state. He is a lawyer, business man and philanthropist. John Olatunde Ayeni went to Baptist Secondary School, Iyah-gbede in Ijumu, kogi state. He graduated from the prestigious Amadu Bello University (ABU) and was called to the Nigeria bar in 1991. He got his wealth solely from the legal profession as legal adviser for many reputable companies in Nigeria. He was once the vice chairman of NBA (Nigerian Bar Association) at Ikeja branch and a member of the Legal aid council in Nigeria.
- Adewunmi Ogunsanya is from Lagos, studied at the University of Kent in Camterbury UK. Adewunmi Ogunsanya is among the most popular lawyer in Nigeria. He has contributed greatly to the development of the Nigerian legal system. He currently specialise in Real Estate, Intellectual Property, Insurance and Oil and Gas. In 2016, he earned the prestigious rank of the Senior Advocate of Nigeria. Mr. Ogunsanya currently heads the litigation unit of Ogunsanya & Ogunsanya and is a member of the Nigerian Bar Association and The Body of Senior Advocates of Nigeria (BOSAN). Simultaneously, he remains active in the Business Recovery and Insolvency Practitioners Association of Nigeria (BRIPAN), and a recipient of numerous sterling awards. He is now the chairman of multichoice Nigeria LTD, a multi-billion dollar entertainment conglomerate, owner and operators of brands such as DSTV, Supersport and GoTV. He is also the chairman of Trocadero Group of Companies. Currently, Adewunmi Ogunsanya is a SAN (Senior Advocate of Nigeria).
- Wale Babalakin, SAN: is from Ibadan, Oyo state. He graduated from the faculty of Law UNILAG and was called to the Nigerian bar 1982. There is no doubt that Wale Babalakin SAN is also one of the richest and influential lawyers in Nigeria. He is both a businessman, lawyer and philanthropist. Wale is a recipient of the Nigerian national honor of officer of the federal republic of Nigeria (OFR). This Award is only given to reputable lawyers in Nigeria. Wale Babalakin’s father is a retired justice of the supreme court of Nigeria.
Jimoh Ibrahim : is from Ondo state, Nigeria and was born on the 24th of February 1947. He is a lawyer, politician, businessman, and philanthropist in Nigeria. He is the chairman and chief executive officer of Global Fleet Group, a diversified conglomerate based in Nigeria, with business interests and subsidiaries in neighboring West African countries. He studied both Law (LLB) and public administration (MPA) at the Obafemi Awolowo University (OAU). He did his masters at one of the most popular universities in the word, Harvard University, Cambridge. His investments include the following areas; airlines, oil and gas, real estate, publishing and insurance.
- Wole Olanipekun is from Ekiti state born on the 18th of November 1951. University of Lagos (UNILAG). Chief Wole Olanipekun was once a president of the Nigerian Bar Association (NBA). He is also a senior advocate of Nigeria (SAN). He was called to the Nigerian bar in 1976 and since then, he has been contributing to the development of laws in Nigeria. Wole Olanipekun is now the vice president of the Pan African Lawyers Union (PALU). He is also a core member of the Nigerian Body of Benchers and the International Bar Association.
- Gbenga Oyebode: is from Ado Ekiti born on the 30th of March 1959. Gbenga Oyebode went to the Obafemi Awolowo University (OAU) where he studied law. After obtaining his LLB certificate, he went to the University of Pennsylvania for his master of law (LL.M) in 1982. He specializes in advising major companies on matters relating to oil and gas, power, foreign direct investment and aviation. Gbenga Oyebode is the chairman of Yamaha Motors Nigeria LTD. He is also a core member of the Chartered Institute of Arbitrators and the International Bar Association. Gbenga Oyebode was once the president of the Nigerian Bar Association on Business law. One of Nigeria’s most renowned commercial lawyers, Gbenga Oyebode is a founder and Managing Partner of Aluko & Oyebode– a successful corporate and commercial law firm in Nigeria. He owns 181,776,250 shares or 0.89% of MTN Nigeria, a stake that’s currently worth N19.8 billion ($55 million).
- Femi Falana SAN : is from Ekiti and was born on the 20th of May 1958. He is a Nigerian lawyer and human rights activist. He contested and lost the governorship election of Ekiti State in 2007 on the platform of the National Conscience Party, a party he served as National Chairman in 2011. He studied in Obafemi Awolowo University (OAU) and got his wealth solely from their profession. No doubt Femi Falana has appeared in many recent court proceedings. he is a full-time lawyer and the father of the most influential Nigerian artist, Falz the badh guy.