- Ruth 2 v 10
“Then she fell on her face, and bowed herself to the ground, and said unto him, why have I found grace in thine eyes, that thou shouldest take knowledge of me, seeing I am a stranger?”
- Gen. 6 v 8
“But Noah found grace in the eyes of the LORD.”
- Gen. 39 v 4
“And Joseph found grace in his sight, and he served him: and he made him overseer over his house, and all that he had he put into his hand.”
- Rom. 5 v 17
“For if by one man’s offence death reigned by one; much more they which receive abundance of grace and of the gift of righteousness shall reign in life by one, Jesus Christ.)”
- 2 Cor. 9 v 14
“And by their prayer for you, which long after you for the exceeding grace of God in you.”
- 2 Cor. 12 v 9
“And he said unto me, my grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness. Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me.”
- 2 Cor. 6 v 1
“We then, as workers together with him, beseech you also that ye receive not the grace of God in vain.”
The grace of God is the Divine ability given to a man to perform beyond his natural ability. Every man is endowed with gifts, potential and talents but for all these to be fully utilised and maximised the place of God’s grace cannot be swept under the carpet. One can be loaded with all these gifts mentioned above and still be in obscurity. But when the grace of God is shows up, those hidden gifts will be uncovered and manifest for the whole world to see and enjoy.
We must recognise the place of God’s grace in our lives for it to have the appropriate meaning. Many are struggling in the journey of life today because they have not recognised the grace of God. Apostle Paul in Ephesians 3:7 – 9 recognised this grace and he said, “where of …………………who created all things by Christ Jesus”.
Many have lost their place and opportunity in life especially in the kingdom of Christ because they refused to acknowledge the grace of God for whatever they became or achieved in life. Whatsoever you do not appreciate will gradually depreciate and evaporate suddenly.
Beloved, we are in a Kingdom where our natural abilities cannot sustain us or be achieved maximally to the level of God’s expectations of us. So, we need the grace of God for us to amount to anything, even to be able to meet up with His expectations of us in terms of holiness, godliness, and our service to him. For example, in the areas of giving, praying, evangelism and so on, Apostle Paul said, ‘I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me,’Phil.4:13, the “strength” here means divine ability which is the gift of grace from God.
Areas where we need to recognise the grace of God:
- The grace of God for Salvation – Titus 2:11, No sinner comes to Christ on his own. Behind every soul that is saved there is a force, and this force is the grace of God. One of the major things that God does in our lives through grace is salvation. Salvation of our soul is the gift of God given to us without our own effort, but the effort of Christ on the cross.
- Did you fast for your salvation?
- Did you pray for your salvation?
- Did you gave/sacrifice for your salvation?
The bible says in Eph.2:8 –9, “For by grace are ye saved through faith …………should boast. Our salvation is by His grace” we need to always thank God for this grace all the days of our lives.
- The grace of God for Sustenance: It is the grace of God that starts us off for this Christian journey and it is the same grace that will sustain us to the end. For everyone who has started this race by grace, can only end it by grace. May the Lord give us the grace to run the race to the end in Jesus name. Apostle Paul’s prayer for the Philippians, Phil. 1: 2, 5 – 6 Grace be unto you, and peace from God our Father and from the Lord Jesus Christ for your fellowship in the gospel from the first day until now. Being confident of this very thing that he which hath began a good work in you will perform it until the day of Christ. The prayer of Paul here shows us that there is grace for beginning and there is grace for finishing, because the Philippians were already saved when Paul was praying for them to have the grace that will take them through the journey until the day of our Lord Jesus Christ Luke 9:62.
- The grace of God for Godliness: – Titus 2: 11 – 12, “For the grace of God that brought salvation hath appeared to all men, teaching us that, denying ungodliness and worldly lusts, we should live soberly, righteously and godly in this present world.” Whatever you do not value cannot profit you. The grace of God is our teacher, teaching us to deny ungodliness and worldly lusts, to live godly and righteously in this present world. Beloved, the corruption and immoral lifestyle of people in our world today is really increasing! According to our definition of grace, it takes the divine ability of God.
Shun worldliness and embrace godliness! Many Christians are giving up! Many are confused! The church has entered into the world and the world has entered into the church. Please, people of God, we must wake up from our slumber and seriously ask for the grace of God that has appeared to all men to teach us how to live a life of godliness. [1Thess 4:3 -7]
- The grace of God for Service: – John 15:16 – Ye have not chosen me, but I have chosen you, and ordained you, that ye should go and bring forth fruit, and that your fruit should remain that whatsoever ye shall ask of the Father in my name, he may give it you.
- The call to service is the grace of election. Apostle Paul called it higher calling Phil. 3:14. To serve God is to work along with God to see that the kingdom of God is enlarging and advancing. To serve God is different from worshiping God to worship means to reference, honour, adore and to hallow God, while to serve means the use of divine endowment such as, your strength, time, resources, talent etc. in promoting the kingdom of God on the earth as we have said earlier.
When Jesus was choosing his disciples, either Peter at the river side or Matthew at the Tax Collection Office, many people were present, but the grace of God located them. Beloved, we are chosen to be workers in God’s vineyard with Him by grace, and this must be recognised and appreciated by being diligent in our service to Him and being humble before him.
- The grace of God into Ministry: 2 Cor. 4:1, “Therefore seeing we have this ministry, as we have received mercy [grace], we faint not.” [emphasis word] 1 Cor. 7:20 – let everyman abide in the same calling wherein he was called, 1Cor. 7: 24. Brethren let every man abide with God wherein he is called, and God has appointed him responsibility. God does not call those that are qualified into ministry, but He qualified those who He has called by His grace. This grace of election for a higher calling into ministry needs to be recognised for as many who have been privileged by God to be called into His sheepfold, to be an under shepherd for Him.
- Recognise the grace of God upon your skill and giftings: Job 32: 8- “But there is a spirit in man and the inspiration of the Lord almighty giveth them understanding.”
“Except the Lord build the house, they labour in vain that build it. Except the Lord keeps the city, the watchmen watched but in vain” Ps. 127: 1. The ability of a man is not enough for making it in life, because one can be talented and be hidden. The grace of God is the inspiration of God upon our skills and gifts that will make them to be productive in the market of life, God is the builder and the promoter of our skill and gifts. The skill of Joseph prospered in Potiphar’s house and in the prison because the grace of God was upon him.
- The grace of God to do what you are not naturally qualified for: Prosperity may not come through what you learned from school. Accept this fact and quickly open yourself to God’s provision and grace Mark 6: 3 “Is not this the carpenter, the son of Mary the brother of James and Jesus and of Judea and Simon? And are not his sisters here with us? And they were offended in him.” Jesus was trained to be a carpenter, but he became a minister of the gospel. His needs were not met by the carpentry trade, but by the people he ministered to Luke 8:3 “And Joanna the wife of Chuza Herod’s Steward and Susanna, and many others which ministered unto him of their substance.” You can be trained for one thing and yet prosper through something else by the grace of God. God making Joseph to become a Prime Minister in the land of Egypt was opposite of who Joseph was, but God’s grace does that for him. God allows these to happen that men may fear Him.
In conclusion, beloved let us recognise the grace of God in the journey of our life, whatsoever we have become or that we are still going to become in life is by the grace of God. The bible says God gives grace to the humble and behold the proud afar off. The grace of God raises up the poor out the dust, and lifts the needy out of the dunghill, that he may set him with princes, even with the princes of his people, Ps. 113: 7 – 8.
BENEFITS OF GRACE
- Grace is the favour of God to human beings.
- It is the demonstration of God’s goodwill towards mankind through Jesus Christ.
- The Christian life is completely dependent upon the Grace of God.
- God’s grace compensates for human weaknesses.
- God’s grace is abundant and exceedingly abundant.
- Grace is one way God makes up for our short comings.
- Through Grace, God uses our very limited strength & resources to do the impossible.
- Grace can be accessed at varying measures. To some people, grace may be unavailable; to some, only a little, while some will have it in abundant and for some others, grace will outnumber their needs.
- If you want to access extreme levels of Grace, do not frustrate God’s grace that is currently available upon you. Do not waste it.
- Do not become a storage tower of Grace, but rather, be a channel of Grace.
- Use Grace for the purpose it is given to you. (2 Cor. 6 v 1)
- God wants us to be progressive by growing in Grace.
- God wants us to share His grace with others for them to taste and see that the Lord is good.
- God wants us to be generous and live a holy life with His Grace given to us.
- When you have prayed, fasted, and tried without measuring up to standard, then it is time to fall back on His Grace.
- Grace is in action at those times that the Holy Spirit helps us to pray in accordance with God’s will when we do not know how to pray. (Rom. 8 v 26 & 27)
- With Grace, your lack, limitations, and defects are fully covered.
- Grace has a voice (Remember that Hymnal song, Grace, ‘tis a charming sound….)
- GRACE has a voice. Grace is a CHARMING SOUND. All the earth shall hear.
- When it speaks, everyone everywhere will know about you, about your TALENT/SKILLS, about WHAT YOU ARE DOING.
- The Grace upon you will speak in Jesus name.
- The Grace upon your life will speak in Jesus name.
- The Grace upon your work, home, business will speak in Jesus name.
- When Grace spoke upon Joseph, his destiny and glory were announced (Prime Minister)
- The Grace of God will ANNOUNCE me this year in Jesus name.
- The Grace of God will ADVERTISE me this year in Jesus name.
- The Grace of God will PACKAGE me this year in Jesus name.
- The Grace of God will OPEN DOORS for me this in Jesus name.
- The Grace of God will BREAK PROTOCOL for my sake in Jesus name.
- The Grace of God will SHOWCASE me this year in Jesus name.
- The Grace of God will CONNECT ME TO HIGH PLACES this year in Jesus name.
- The Grace of God will MAKE ME RELEVANT this year in Jesus name.
- The Grace of God will DELIVER MY TESTIMONIES TO ME this year in Jesus name.
- The Grace of God will OPEN MY HEAVENS this year in Jesus name.
- The Grace of God will MAKE ME HEAR GOOD NEWS this year in Jesus name.
- The Grace of God will PROTECT ME AND MY FAMILY this year in Jesus name.
- The Grace of God will SHIELD AND SECURE ME AND MY FAMILY this year in Jesus name.
- The Grace of God will PROSPER MY WORK/BUSINESSES this year in Jesus name.
- The Grace of God will JOURNEY WITH ME AND MY FAMILY this year in Jesus name.
- The Grace of God will SETTLE MY CASE MIRACULOUSLY this year in Jesus name.
- The Grace of God will NOT DEPART FROM ME AND MY FAMILY this year in Jesus name.
- The Grace of God will DELIVER ME AND MY FAMILY FROM SORROW AND TRADEGIES this year in Jesus name.
- The Grace of God will SPEAK ON MY BEHALF EVERYWHERE this year in Jesus name.
20. Thank God for the Grace of God.